Home EBU TDs

"A Guide to the Bridge Laws" by Jacob Duschek

The EBU has just published the English version of this book, written by one of my EBL TD colleagues. It is aimed at those who are interested in expanding their knowledge, rather than occasional TDs who just help out, though everyone is likely to gain from reading it. It is available in the Bridge Warehouse.

Comments

• Just plugging this again for TDs.
    I'm working through it now while in lockdown (ordered just in time, although I believe BW is open again). It's not a light bedtime read, but it certainly challenges you about what and why you do what you do as a TD. Highly recommended.

• @Mark_Brown said:
    Just plugging this again for TDs.
    I'm working through it now while in lockdown (ordered just in time, although I believe BW is open again). It's not a light bedtime read, but it certainly challenges you about what and why you do what you do as a TD. Highly recommended.

The Bridge Warehouse is only open for a limited time, so if anyone else is interested in buying this you shouldn't delay.

• A must for TDs
    Full of good material as one would expect from Jacob.

• I ordered it yesterday. Thanks all for the 'nudge'

Peter Bushby Suffolk

• @Peter said:
    I ordered it yesterday. Thanks all for the 'nudge'

Ditto - will keep me occupied.

• Have received the book - a couple of points so far

Page 49: "North corrects his partner's explanaton and calls the director" should be

"North calls the director and then corrects his partner's explanation"

Page 95 "Some West's say "Now you must call 3 Diamonds". In this case the director should cancel the decision, adjust the score if East-West shold benefit from it...."

It is not made clear that that NS keep the score they obtained at the table. (Law 11A)