Home Scoring and other IT questions

Multi session game

I am getting back to scoring live games after a long gap and want to check that I have got it right. I had left the scoring to a colleague but he hasn't been able to handle multi session games.
We will be playing a multi section, multi session tournament next week. Two sections in the morning session, then two sections with E/W pairs switched between the sections for the afternoon session.
If I set the games for section A and B for session 1, merge the sections, then set the games for sections A and B for session 2, merge the sections, then merge the sessions, is that the right way to do it? Is there anything else I need to do for the bridgemate to handle the scoring according to the sections and sessions?
Is there a procedure for switching the EW pairs between the sections for the afternoon session or does one have to enter the names afresh?

Grateful for advice.

Comments

• You should be able to combine the four constituent events in one go to create the overall multi-session event, as long as you have correctly marked their session numbers. Then you can use Multi-Session links to move the pairs to where you want them for the second session.

• Switching EW pairs is very simple...say with 2 10-table mitchells, line movement is

A Section/NS 1-10 -> A Section/NS 1-10
    A Section/EW 1-10 -> B Section EW 1-10
    B Section/NS 1-10 -> B Section/NS 1-10
    B Section/EW 1-10 -> A Section EW 1-10

• Thanks, Gordon and Jeffrey.