Home Scoring and other IT questions

Scorebridge allocation of masterpoints

Hello I am contacting you from the Toronto Bridge Club in NSW, Australia because I have a problem with masterpoint allocation on Scorebridge and the Scorebridge Helpdesk are unable to help. We recently held a 3 week event scored in IMPs and Scorebridge only allocated masterpoints to the top 3 winning teams each week. It should have allocated MPs to every team that had a win. I have been through the settings so many times comparing them to another club for which I am also a scorer and the MPs are being allocated correctly in that club. I can't find the anomaly. Does anyone have any advice? Please???

Comments

• This will sound silly but it seems to me that you have double (quadruple?) checked the settings in Scorebridge and found nothing. Did you use Bridgemates? If so have you checked Bridgemate Control Software<>Tools <>Options<>Bridgemate and check that "Use Bridgemate settings specified by " and the option button next to "Scoring Program" is checked?
    I don't have access to Scorebridge help files as I don't use it and I think most on here probably use EBUScore as well. However, I remember that SK had a similar problem with teams and I suggested checking this setting. If it doesn't work sorry and I hope someone else can point you in the right direction

• Hi - This is intended to be helpful

For run of the mill club team events only the top section of the teams get MPs and they don't get MPs for winning a match

I assume MPs for winning matches apply to Swiss Team events - Have you set up the event as a Swiss Teams?

There is advice in the Scorebridge help on how a Swiss teams event should be set up . It needs to be identified in the event profile

• edited July 8

This is ABF not EBU. Reading another organisations master point handbook/manual is not very easy but it appears from the ABF Masterpoint manual that they do award master points for matches won in a single session event.

4.2.3 Single session Teams and Pairs matches of 5 or more boards
    For matches of 5 or more boards, the basic (grade E) session award is 0.008 green point per board to the winner of any match.

• @Robin_BarkerTD said:
    This is ABF not EBU. Reading another organisations master point handbook/manual is not very easy but it appears from the ABF Masterpoint manual that they do award master points for matches won in a single session event.

But scorebridge may not understand this.

• Thanks - Looking at Scorebridge help it appears to cater for ABF Mps

Quote from their help page on Master Points for ABF "Placing points are calculated for Single Session and simple Multi session events and for Match Wins in Teams and Butler (Swiss) Pairs where the numbers of boards warrant it"

There is further advice on the help page on the set up . Looks like a different set up to England