Home EBU TDs

Removal of Robots and Non-Qualifying Players

1) If I have robots, for what reasons should I remove them from the rankings?
2) If I do should I remove all their results against human players? What do the NGS rules say about this?
3) IfI find a human player does not meet the entry requirements (having already played in the event) should I remove all their results against other players?

Comments

• See White Book for 'without standing' and WB 2.4.9. Results against such players are retained, even if the pair do not appear in the overall ranking list. In EBUScore, pairs can be marked as missing, and will be ranked last in the XML.

Stand-by players, players who do not qualify, and disqualified players
    A stand-by contestant may take the place of a contestant who is not present at the advertised starting time – see §2.3.3. A stand-by contestant may also be allowed to play in an event for which they do not qualify (for example, to avoid a sit-out – see §2.3.3). Any such stand-by contestant plays without standing and does not appear in the final ranking list.
    Any results obtained by the opponents of a stand-by contestant or a contestant playing without standing will count in full. This also applies to results obtained by the opponents of a contestant who is disqualified after the event, including a contestant subsequently found not to be qualified.

• Hang on - are you saying that Robots count as "stand=by players"?

• If a pair of robots are added to avoid a half-table then yes the robots are standby players.

A stand-by contestant may also be allowed to play in an event for which they do not qualify (for example, to avoid a sit-out

• We often have robot pairs in our pairs league. They often win masterpoints with lower ranked pairs getting fewer as a result. Is this wrong?