Home Scoring and other IT questions

Computer sleeps during EBUScore session

Our club is scoring with EBUscore and Bridgemates. Last night we had an 8 round pairs. The computer turned to sleep mode (because the battery was low someone forgot to turn on the power at the socket) during round 2, and was turned on again soon after.

All was well for 7 rounds, the Bridgemates showed the correct movement and EBUscore picked up all the results.
But for round 8 the Bridgemates reverted to the board and pair numbers for round 2, so could not be used.

We got round this by entering scores manually for round 8, but can anyone explain what happened and whether we could have got the Bridgemates to show the correct movement for round 8?

Comments

• I don't know why it happened, but once you realised it had you could check that the correct movement was in EBUScore and then tell it to update the movement from Round 8.

• @gordonrainsford said:
    I don't know why it happened, but once you realised it had you could check that the correct movement was in EBUScore and then tell it to update the movement from Round 8.

Thanks Gordon. Yes, I see now that there is an option to update the movement and could have tried that.