Home Scoring and other IT questions

Bridgemates Section B

I have two sets of Bridgemates configured for Sections A & B.

How do I get ScorePairs to tell BCS to use Section B when I'm using the 2nd set?

Prefer to change one setting on the scoring S/W than reconfigure a whole set of Bridgemates.

Comments

• Do you mean EBUScore Pairs? You could set up a two-section event and only use the one section.

• Yes EBUScorePairs.

Two section event only using one of them looks pragmatic, but a slightly ugly solution. Might have to do that.

Thanks Gordon.

• edited May 2023

Of course one might ask why you would want to use the B set if you aren't running a two-section event. Or are you running two different one-section events of a different type (eg pairs and teams) at the same time? I'm not sure you could do that without putting them on different channels, in which case you might as well change them to A.

• If you are using two sets because you only use about half your Bridgemates for most events and you want to equalise use I am sure you would find it much quicker to reconfigure your Bridgemates, say, once a month than to fiddle with the scoring program to use set B.

• Assuming they are BM2s, Set Section B in the Event Details. On the Bridgemate screen, Set BCS Options > Bridgemate II and tick the 'BM2 only - use section names as BM Section Letters' at bottom of page.

• @JeffreyS said:
    Assuming they are BM2s, Set Section B in the Event Details. On the Bridgemate screen, Set BCS Options > Bridgemate II and tick the 'BM2 only - use section names as BM Section Letters' at bottom of page.

Bingo. That works thank you.