Home Scoring and other IT questions

Scoring a teams of ten match

Traditionally the NEBA v East Scotland match is between two teams of eight, so it is scored using the modified imp scale similar to many county leagues.

For the first time in three years we are back to face-to-face in July and I've been asked if we can make it teams of ten. My view is that we want everyone to play, but would appreciate any ideas on how to score it.

My current thought is to use Bridgemates to capture the results with pairs scoring to generate cross imping and travellers. The team result can be done manually using the modified imp scale for teams of eight (unless anyone has the formula to generate one for teams of ten ...).

As the event started in 1956 I suspect that, traditionally, aggregate scoring was used and this is still a serious option to a modified imp scale. The main Scottish District (county) leagues have always used aggregate scoring but the English players will not be used to it.

Thanks

Paul

Comments

• @thebeercard said:
    Traditionally the NEBA v East Scotland match is between two teams of eight, so it is scored using the modified imp scale similar to many county leagues.

For the first time in three years we are back to face-to-face in July and I've been asked if we can make it teams of ten. My view is that we want everyone to play, but would appreciate any ideas on how to score it.

Of course the first problem is that the odd number of tables mean that direct comparison between, for example, 3 NS pairs and 2 EW pairs is not ideal.

We have actually have A and B matches, so I could combine them into teams of 20!

• A few have tried teams of 6 (3 pairs playing) and having an odd number of tables does make the comparisons unbalanced.