Home Scoring and other IT questions

How to Programmatically Upload a USEBIO Results File to the EBU

1) Does the EBU Website support the programmatic upload of USEBIO Results files by application programs?
By this I mean does it support facilities that allow a scoring program to upload results files automatically to the EBU using HttpPOST Requests (or similar messages) ?

2) If it does is there a user guide or instructions on how to do this ?

Comments

• You can find information about this at https://www.ebu.co.uk/apidocs/. Let us know if you need more, but I (a non-programmer) have managed to use it to upload results from our robot games, so it can't be too difficult!

• Thanks for your response, Gordon, but at first sight, the apidoc you refer to, and the Chrome extension Postman it refers to, appear assume that a person is going to fill in a 'form' displayed by a Browser (or something similar) by keying in data into it via a PC keyboard.

What I am looking for is something completely automatic, eg similar to the Bridgewebs programmatic API, in which the application program sends Http POST Request to the Bridgewebs/EBU Server and gets an Http POST Response back.

Maybe the information is in your document and I just have to re-interpret it and use it is a different way to that in which it is presented.

If you could put me in touch with an application developer who has done such a thing it would be very useful.

• Let's see if anyone here can tell you more, but as I say I wrote something in Excel that automatically uploads results for our robot daylong games, from a ranking list with EBU numbers. I only ever used Postman at the stage of testing things out.

• Thanks Gordon. I have had a look at what Postman does and think (or should it be hope?) that I now know what to do.

My program is written in C# and runs over .NET on Microsoft PCs, if the EBU Server fails to understand/respond to the HttpPOST messages my program sends it, is there anyone who can tell me what I'm doing wrong? Ie are there any debugging facilities at the EBU Server end, which could tell me what it received and what was wrong with the message it received?

• Hi Tony, I have recently written C# code to do exactly this. If you tell me what error you are getting I can help.

Tim