Home Scoring and other IT questions

PBN Files

Is there an easy way of adding the extra boards for the triples (Swiss Teams) ? Or is there even a hard way?

Comments

• 'Bridge Composer' which is $20 shareware has a facility to merge PBN files. Did you not deal these extra boards at the same time as the main sets so that they are already in the PBN file? However you would normally have at least 2 different sets of extra boards in a 2-session event and more if you allow teams into the triple more than once. If using different sets with the same board numbers you can not add more than one set of extra boards to the PBN file in any meaningful way. Also if you do add one set then when displayed in the results half the teams will have played different boards so it may be better to leave the extra boards out of the PBN when doing the results.

• I created PBN files of the various sets, Due to circumstances the PBN files for 1-49 were created at a different location - and in fact were created in 7 sets of boards 1-7, 8-15, etc). I was able to merge these (by setting the date, location, and tournament name fields to '#' in the PBN file), but couldn't work (if indeed it is possible) to get four sets of 50-56: indeed when I tried to print off the sets, I only got one set printed - one assumes that the program just looked for the highest board to be printed off, and once it was done didn't bother with the others below.