Home EBU TDs

Two session: two section merged event --> two events

Having dusted off the cover of EBUScore, checked the batteries of the bridgemates, I will have to run a two session-two section event - qualifyer and final.

I have no problems setting up the first session-two section event (I think) and once this is finished I will then have a single list of results. Half of them will play in the final (with a carry-forward) and the others will play in the consolation (with no carry forward).

As far as I can see, there is no way to import names directly over from one session to another i.e. all players will have to re-enter their EBU numbers, and the carry forward will have to be worked out manually. (Which presumably is using 3.8 of the white book, although we can just take the differences of course)

Not having run this event before, are there any facilities in EBUScore to make it easy!

Comments

• You can import names from a csv file, which you can create from the relevant data of the output of the first session results.

The data needs to be listed as

firstname,lastname,firstname,lastname,firstname,lastname,firstname,lastname

with one line per table. Beware of people who share a name as it may randomly get the wrong one.

Alternatively I think you can put

EBUNo, ,EBUNo, ,EBUNo, ,EBUNo,

Once you have imported it you many need to save the names page and then go back into it, in order for the numbers to convert to names.

• PS, when doing the carryforwards, do just use the differences as having scores that are too large will trigger an error.