Home Scoring and other IT questions

Split score in EBUScore

The director wants to award EW the score achieved on a board and NS 60%. I get so far with EBUSCore but get an error message. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Law 12 sets out the procedures in awarding adjusted scores. What part of Law 12 empowers the director to award one side an adjusted score (albeit in this case their actual score) and the other side an artificial adjusted score i.e. AV+? I do not believe the laws allow it and this may be why EBUScore will not process it.

• It'll be because you can't insert "Av+" etc in the weighted scores. The TD should review the ruling and, if necessary, consult*, as I do not believe that there is any legal provision for a split score with one side getting an adjusted non-artificial score and the other side getting an artificial adjusted score.

It actually looks like the TD wants to award 60% to NS and 100% to EW, which makes 160% shared between both sides. We shouldn't be awarding more than 100% between the two pairs without there being circumstances beyond the control of ether pair.

(*There's a phone list of all the EBU TDs on this site)

Barrie Partridge - CTD for Bridge Club Live

• Thanks, the Director was a senior EBU panel Director. I am not sure of all the details but one pair had through no fault of their own had been able to view the N cards. Both pairs agreed to play the board but if the UI became important scores would be adjusted. I think Law 16D2c applies

• Yes 16D2c allows the score to be adjusted but it must conform to 12C, which has no provision for a score that is artificial for one side and the table score for the other.

• Thanks Gordon. On reflection the director realised he was "mixing up 2 laws last night, 15B, Wrong board, and 16D, Extraneous Information " so the problem went away.

• White Book 8.12.14 contains a list of all the laws we think can lead to a split score - it worth checking that list when you want to give a split score.

We think the list is complete - there was an element of the 'Monty Python Spanish Inquisition' list of weaponry - when we thought the list was complete, there would be an "A ha" and another one would be added.