Home Scoring and other IT questions

Bridgewebs Files

Obviously EBUScore is designed for simplicity of use - but is there any way the user can locate the CSV or XML files to be uploaded to bridgewebs - or are they created, uploaded and deleted by the software?

Also: If you run a two-section event with different boards -

1) do the results from both sections by default appear on the bridgemates? If so how do you stop it - either from ever happening or to stop it mid session?
2) Do you have to upload BOTH hand records to avoid the bridgemates picking up a "Declarer or lead card incorrect" error?

Comments

• Hi, weejonnie
    First the files for uploading. Once the automatic process of the bridgewebs file is complete (Page 11 of the EBUScore manual [www.ebu.co.uk › documents › ebuscore › manual]) the files are stored at C: EBUScore > Pairs and are held in the "Bridgewebs" folder (csv file) or "P2P" folder (xml file). I have noticed that in the lastest EBUScore (1.2.15) the bridgewebs HTML document (note the different file type) is also placed in the "P2P" folder with "_bw" at the end of the file name. The Bridgewebs file includes the director and scorer but the EBU HTML file doesn't.
    Second the deal files need to be loaded on the "Events Details" (see page 31 top portion, of the manual). In addition the same files need to be added to the BCS (Bridgemate Control Software). I haven't done it yet but I assume that, from page 31 bottom portion, you will get two (or more) boxes under the item "import a separate file for each section", I assume a browse button will appear for each section as well.

I don't know about whether the results for both sessions appear on the bridgemates. I assume that they shouldn't because the BCS should differenciate between the sessions. But someone else can deal with that.

Before you ask I have no idea why the deal file isn't automatically loaded on the BCS once it is in the "Events Details".

Hope this helps, sorry if it seems to basic but others might be interested.

• Thanks for the info regarding files - I checked the option "open file" and after the file (failed) to be sent to bridgewebs it opened up in notepad - which I then saved with the appropriate suffix.

I got results from each section appearing on all the bridgemates - I did select "in section scoring" but this did not stop the results appearing - as I understand it (and it worked in practice) all this does is ensure we have two events scored separately. DYK if this also has to be set up in the BCS. My original setup did not include the "group sections for results" being ticked which is (as I understand it) the correct setting to keep the results separate.

• Hi weejonnie
    Sorry I got mixed with sessions and sections.
    Page 13 of the manual says " There is one difference for Set BCS Options.
    If you want the results from both sections to be shown on the Bridgemates
    • Tick Group sections for results. "

Page 14 of the manual says "• In the combined event, Event Details, and the Scoring tab:
    o Tick ‘In Section’ Scoring
    This ensures that the events are matchpointed separately
    and the ranking displays show the two events separately.
    • DO NOT tick Group sections for results in Set BCS Option."

So I think you set it up EBUScore correctly. The only thing I can think of is that in BCS <> Tools <> Options <> Bridgemate you might need to change the setting "Use Bridgemate settings specified by Scoring program or Bridgemate Control". You might currently have it as "Bridgemate Control" whereas it might need to be as "Scoring Program". I could be wrong. Hope it helps

• OK Thanks - Might run a dummy event and see what happens but you've given me some useful advice,