Home Scoring and other IT questions

BBOtoXML - missing boards

Hi

I've just tried to use BBOtoXML on a Swiss teams event.

It all seemed to work fine, but the resultant xml file has lost some of the boards - it only has 24 out of 63.

They're in the intermediate csv file, but not the final xml.

I've usse BBOtoXML successfully many times before.

Any suggestions as to what's going on, and more to the point what I can do about it?

Thanks

Jeremy

Comments

• email john@johngoacher.co.uk who wrote BBO to XML he is very helpful

• Thanks - I did. Apparently BBOtoXML doesn't work with triples (triangles). Ah well!

• The problem may be the way the boards are numbered in the triangles. For example using 8 board matches. The triple will use an extra board-set 9-12. Then for Round 2, the main tournament will start with boards 13-20 and the triple extra set, 21-24, and so on. This cannot be handled (at the moment:) ) by BBO to XML.

• As a result of email exchanges with Jeremy I've been looking into what is involved in supporting Triangles in BBOtoXML. It is not as difficult as I expected, so I plan to go ahead with this. This should also mean that Teams events with non-barometer movements, i.e. face to face events, can be correctly imported and processed in BBOtoXML, which has not been possible up to now.

• edited January 2023

@Triffid said:
    The problem may be the way the boards are numbered in the triangles. For example using 8 board matches. The triple will use an extra board-set 9-12. Then for Round 2, the main tournament will start with boards 13-20 and the triple extra set, 21-24, and so on. ******This cannot be handled (at the moment:) ) by BBO to XML.****

Well done again John. Confident you would come up with a solution:)

• edited February 2023

I have now released BBOtoXML version 2.0.0, which supports import of Swiss Teams events with triangles and generation of masterpoints. It also supports import of Teams, Swiss Teams, and Swiss Pairs events with non-barometer movements, i.e. face to face events. Note that Swiss Pairs events with triangles are not currently supported.