Home Scoring and other IT questions

Problem with reading in names

The bridgemates will accept the PID numbers (typically 0-100) but will not recognise EBU numbers,

I can get around this by reading in names from Bridgemates and then writing them back to Bridgemates but this is not happening on another system which appears to have the bridgemate options configured identically.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Had a similar problem solved it by going into "Bridgemate Control Software" click "Tools" Click "options" click "general" click the tab "File locations" and then look at the "BMPlayerDB.mdb data base file" and make sure it is directed to the file you have the EBU database downloaded. I have "Other folder" C:\EBUScore. You can get there by clicking the "select folder" button.
    Hope this helps

• Well it seems to be working now (touch wood) - seemed to require setting the value i.e. it was appearing but hadn't been set by the installation programme,.

• On installation of any EBUScore program, an empty BMPlayerdb.mdb file should be put in the default location folder c:\bridgemate if it doesnt exist there (assuming c: is your master drive which true 99% time)

This was done by a line in the Inno Installer script

Source: "BMPlayerDB.mdb"; DestDir: "{sd}\Bridgemate"; Flags: onlyifdoesntexist uninsneveruninstall**
    _
    However, I dont think the current EBUScore versions are doing that???

When you install Bridgemate Control Software, it puts an empty BMPlayerdb.mdb in the Users Appdata folder C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Bridgemate Control\
    This was always a bit difficult for users to locate especially as AppData defaults to a hidden folder!
    So you can manually copy it from there into c:\bridgemate if it doesn’t exist there already

The file is populated using the Download Database button, and referenced for BM use by the Bridgemate>Admin>Set Lookup File Location button (which also writes a registry entry telling BCS where the file is).
    You can manually set the location as CMOT_Dibbler described, but you should still do the Set Lookup File Location button once to correlate with BCS.