Home Scoring and other IT questions

Problems with event

Have just run a 2-session pairs event on EBUScore.

When creating reports there is an index problem with the masterpoints and the travellers for the second session all show the same hand on bridgewebs. Peculiarly if you go into each person's record then the hands for the second session are shown correctly.

https://bridgewebs.com/cgi-bin/bwoq/bw.cgi?pid=display_rank&event=20220929_1&club=neba

(I have uploaded both sessions individually to the EBU - but not the combined.

Comments

• I had the same problem at the weekend, John.

https://www.bridgewebs.com/cgi-bin/bwoq/bw.cgi?pid=display_rank&event=20221016_1&club=deva

I thought it was just me, because the club rep who was organising the event says he can't see any problem with the travellers on bridgewebs. I thought it might be a quirk of the browser I was using, but it wherever and however I log on they look the same. Apparently we've not had any complaints from the players yet.

• I suspect we're just talking to ourselves, John, because I sent the Deva club host your link and he says your second session boards are showing just fine. If anyone else can see repeats of the last traveller of the first session showing for the second session, please post below.

• Yep can see board 18 for weejonnie and 22 for vixtd multiple times. Don't ask me why. Just thought you needed some sort of acknowledgement to keep the thread going. You might need to compare how you set up the combine and how the the combine reports are presented in their original format (notepad?)
    CMOT

• Totally off the wall (and you have probably already thought of this) but at what point did you "import" the deal files. It isn't clear on the EBUScore manual but I assume from the pictures that the two sessions need to be imported on the "merged" or "combined" event rather than the individual sessions. I also see in Jeffs original manual page 9 he says
    "Merge Sections Merge highlighted events into a MultiSection Event. The specified events must be
    either single or MultiSection events all with the same session number.
    Combine Sessions Combine highlighted events into a MultiSession Event. The specified events must
    be either single or MultiSection events with sessions numbered 1,2,3 etc".
    Anyway, it's just suggestions. Hope you get it resolved and let us know what made the difference.

CMOT

• I've just learned that the problem lies with bridgewebs, and they're working to fix it.