Home EBU TDs

Name this movement?

edited October 2022 in EBU TDs

Being nosy, looking a neighbouring club and what they are doing I saw that they played the below game and I can't work out what movement they used . . . .

They were 14 pairs / 7 tables and they played 24 boards and looking at a pair M & N (who sometime play at my club) they played against only 8 pairs out of 13 AND they plated 8 x 3 board rounds.

What did they do, what single winner movement did they play that gets 24 boards played by 7 tables?

(Screen shot of the results below)

Comments

• edited October 2022

See screenshot of results here

• A hesitation Mitchell (M47-7) will give one winner in 8 x 3 round boards.

What is it about the score sheet that makes you think it is an unusual movement?

• @JeremyChild said:
    A hesitation Mitchell (M47-7) will give one winner in 8 x 3 round boards.
    What is it about the score sheet that makes you think it is an unusual movement?

Thanks for the reply. Unusual . . . ?
    I have been TD in a small Bridge Club for 10 years after the last TD threw his teddy out the pram and jumped ship. He used the choose movements which skipped tables and I was not happy with that as some people skipped a strongest pair, producing, in my view, an unfair result. When I took over I did a lot of reading/studying and decided that I would always strive to choose a movement that was the most perfectly balancedtook over trying to shoe horn x boards into x hours. All that said our pre TD skipped one table/one pair the above movement this hesitation Mitchel seems to skip more

• Most movement choices are a compromise in a club. If you have 7 tables and want to play 24 boards you can play a Howell and miss one pair (12x2), a Hesitation Mitchell and play against 8 pairs, or a two-winner Mitchell and miss one pair, but only play against 6. Ideally you want to play against as many pairs as possible, but not everyone likes moving and not everyone likes 2-board rounds. In the two-winner option, not only do you miss one opponent, you also miss a set of boards.