Home Scoring and other IT questions

Using Bridgepals with Scorebridge and Kindle Fires

We have spent ages trying to install the above. We keep thinking it is working OK and we encounter new issues.

The one we are having now is after one round, the tablets stop showing the names making it difficult to run a Howell.

Any advice, solutions that you have found will be more than welcome.

Comments

• Hi Annie,

Are you representing Alsager bridge club ? If so, I have been exchanging several emails with Jean over the last couple of weeks but have not made any progress as her responses do not provide answers to the questions I have asked.

BridgePal definitely works with Scorebridge and will show names, and move instructions, at each round on a Howell movement, assuming that everything is properly configured.

In the absence of any information the only thing I can suggest is that you install TeamViewer on the scoring PC and I could then take a look at the configuration remotely to see if I can identify what is wrong.

Could you get in touch via the email address at the "Contact Us" section of our BridgePal website ?

John Goacher

• edited October 2022

Hi Annie,
    The emails received from the club mention only the intermittent problem with names.
    I wonder if there is a simple answer with names not showing after the first round.
    It is not clear if all names on all tablets are missing or if this happens only on some tablets.
    Perhaps it could all be the question of timing -
    If an ordinary Mitchell, could it be for example, that by the time table 2 has finished entering the names and contracts for round 1 and moved to round 2, table 1 has not entered names for round 1 yet. Perhaps at table 1 they decided to play the hands first and then enter names and contracts for round 1 at the end of the round? On table 2 they would see No Name for ew 1 because when they moved to the next round, table 1 hadn't entered the names yet.

If this was the case - simply refresh the screen on table 2. To do this select Refresh on BridgePal app menu.

Just a thought...

Mirna

• This issue has now been resolved. BridgePal Server and Scorebridge had been configured with conflicting settings for "Name Source".

• edited October 2022

Thanks John & Mirna.