Home Scoring and other IT questions

Bridgetab and Amazon Fire tablets

Hi users. Our club uses a mix of Amazon Fire and other generic Android tablets. Since we moved to new premises (with its own inaccessible wifi system) we have experienced annoying drop-outs whereby the tablet will stop communicating with the Bridgetab laptop. This only happens with the Amazon tablets. We use a dedicated club wifi router and the non-communicating tablet shows that it is still connected to that wifi source, but the Bridgetab communication is easily restored by switching the wifi off then back on at the tablet. Has anyone else experienced similar issues ?

Comments

• I have not come across that issue and we almost exclusively use Kindle Fire tablets (as their battery life is better than alternative cheap tablets, in our experience).

I would perhaps suggest seeing if there is a firmware update available for the tablets that are having issues. It may also be worth uninstalling the BridgeTab app and then reinstall. Hopefully one of those options resolves the issue, if not I am not sure what else to suggest.

• Thanks for your comments, Martin. I agree with you that the Fire tablets are significantly better than our others, both in terms of battery life and build quality. They are also often cheaper than most others on the market now; significantly so if bought when Amazon have them on special offer. I recently tried uninstalling and reinstalling the BT app on a couple of the tablets - to no effect. We are about to replace the laptop and get the latest BOS software, so will see if that makes a difference. Personally, I think that it is a wifi issue. The Fires do seem to have a preference for connecting to a wifi that has internet access, but it doesn't seem to matter whether or not they've been told to 'forget' the premises wifi or have never been signed in to it.

• We use Lenovo tablets -when bought they were about £10 more than Fire- happy with them

After buying a replacement dealing machine and upgrading BOS to suit the new dealing machine I found that some tablets would not connect (about 2 or 3 out of 15) whatever I tried . The problem was solved by putting the tablets back to the factory setting and starting again with the reloaded bridgetab software , Tried all sorts of things beforehand, very frustrating and time consuming, before going back to factory settings