Home EBU TDs

Blue points for the director!

I was directing a blue points event on RealBridge when one of the players had a loss of connection which looked like it might not be short term temporary. I ended up playing out the hand for the missing player - about 6 tricks that required no skill other than following suit (I had determined this before agreeing to do it).

At the end I found myself awarded 1.6 Blue Points.

This seems wrong but I just want to check the acutal position.

(I don't want the points and when I can figure out how to change the results I will do so.)

Comments

• I think this is covered by 2.3.2 and 2.4.9 in the White Book – I think you count as an "emergency substitute" by the White Book's definition, and thus play without standing, and aren't eligible to appear in the final ranking list. That leads me to assume that you shouldn't be able to gain masterpoints from the event either.

(It's up to the Tournament Organiser's discretion whether the player who was substituted gains masterpoints, WB 2.4.11.)

• Run the XML file through BBO to XML by J Goacher. There you can change your name to the missing participant, save as a csv, convert back to XML then upload again.

• @Triffid said:
    Run the XML file through BBO to XML by J Goacher. There you can change your name to the missing participant, save as a csv, convert back to XML then upload again.

Thank you!

• @Triffid said:
    Run the XML file through BBO to XML by J Goacher. There you can change your name to the missing participant, save as a csv, convert back to XML then upload again.

Actually if you do that, it recognises the now "duplicate" pairing and allows you to combine them, so no need to save, convert and reload.

• The TD can substitute and if they play more boards than the player substituted for, the substitute gains the right to be considered _the _ player for the purposes of master points and NGS.