Home EBU TDs

No card to play

At the final play one of the defenders has no card left, one inspection shows that she has 13 cards so must have inadvertently played 2 cards to one of the previous tricks and no-one noticed. I was playing director and had not played the board, I considered an adjusted board 60% 40% or a fouled board ...

Comments

• There doesn't seem to be a question here, but law 67B tells you how to deal with it.

• If the application of Law 67 means the director cannot play the board later, the director's priority is to rule at this table and accept the consequences when they come to play the board. (White Book 7.6.2.3 and 7.6.2.4)

• Yes very hard in this instance to determine at which trick the defender played two cards, especially with the need to get back to my own table timely, I actually had already played the board so examining the cards was more of an option
  • Easy solution: Get everyone to turn their cards over so they show in the order played, then take a photo. Then deliberate at your leisure.

• What a good idea 🙂, and this works even if a hand I haven't played if I make them take the photo and send it to me
  • The Club TD course used to teach that you should try separating the played cards of the player with too few cards while still face down - the 'trick' is to find two cards which were played to the same trick, as indicated by no separation between the quitted cards.